Disaster Recovery | News
Zetta.net Launches Cloud Backup for Colleges and Universities
Zetta.net has unveiled its off-site cloud-based server backup and disaster recovery solution for colleges and universities. The Disaster Recovery for Every School program was announced at Educause 2012, which takes place Nov. 6-9 in Denver, CO. The service is available now.
Zetta.net includes automatic archiving, disaster recovery, and backup services. According to the company, it has 99.99996 percent backup reliability. Data is monitored 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
- One online console for management of all servers and laptops from which users can add servers or locations;
- Security, including SSL encryption, WebDav protocol, RAIN-6 and RAID-6 encoding, and file-level hashing;
- Options for individual or group access;
- SSAE 16 certified data centers;
- A file system that that can be mounted and browsed;
- Support for users to retrieve a copy of their data either via mounted drive, software client, or online using ZettaMirror, which synchronizes all data in the data centers; and
- Advanced data compression and de-duplication.
Monthly cost starts at $225 and includes unlimited software licenses. It includes 500 GB of online storage.
Zetta.net's Data Evacuation Cloud Service, which includes a 15-day free trial, is compatible with Mac, Windows, Unix and 15 other platforms.
For more information, visit zetta.net. For those attending the Educause event, representatives from Zetta.net are available at its kiosk in Market Research Alley.
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at email@example.com and followed on Twitter @editortim.