Networking & Wireless | News
ForeScout and MobileIron Partner To Offer Integrated MDM and NAC Solution
ForeScout Technologies and MobileIron have launched a partnership to deliver a security system for enterprise bring-your-own-device (BYOD) environments. Under the partnership, MobileIron's mobile device management (MDM) technology for mobile apps, documents, and devices will be integrated with ForeScout's CounterACT network access control (NAC) security platform.
The integration will be provided through ForeScout Mobile, an add-on module to ForeScout CounterACT. The ForeScout CounterACT integration with MobileIron is intended to help organizations support BYOD initiatives while maintaining network security.
Key features of the ForeScout CounterACT integration with MobileIron include:
- Dynamic detection of unmanaged devices attempting to connect the the network;
- Automated controls to allow, block, quarantine, limit, enrol as guest, segregate, and initiate device compliance inspection;
- Self-enrollment process for unmanaged devices;
- Detection of jail-broken and rooted devices and the ability to block or limit network access until remediated;
- Real-time mobile device compliance reassessment whenever a mobile device connects to the Wi-Fi network;
- Over-the-air device configuration and app catalog management to provision access to email, Wi-Fi, VPN, and recommended or required applications;
- Enforcement of passcode policies and strong encryption keys to protect sensitive data;
- Mobile application blacklisting, minimum operating system level verification, and device feature restrictions;
- Ability to remotely locate, lock, and fully or selectively wipe lost or stolen devices;
- Compliance rules engine enforced upon admission to network and continuously while connected, tested at the device and network level, with automated remediation; and
- Unified visibility, control, and compliance reporting for all endpoint devices including PCs, smartphones, tablets, and laptops through the ForeScout CounterACT platform.
The ForeScout CounterACT integration with MobileIron will be available in March with prices starting at around $28 per device, with volume discounts available.
Further information about the ForeScout CounterACT integration with MobileIron can be found at forescout.com.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at email@example.com.