Virtualization | News
NComputing Revs Desktop and Application Virtualization Platform
NComputing has updated its vSpace Desktop and Application Virtualization Platform with new versions of vSpace Server and vSpace Management Center and the introduction of two new support and subscription programs.
According to the company, the vSpace platform is a fully integrated, end-to-end desktop and application virtualization solution. It is designed to enable secure access to virtual desktops and applications from anywhere using any device.
The new and updated offerings include vSpace Server 7.0 for Windows, vSpace Management Center 3.2.1 for vSpace Environments, and vSpace Standard and Premium Software Support and Subscription (SnS) programs.
vSpace Server is virtualization software that resides on a standalone PC, a server, or within a virtual machine hosted in a datacenter. IT departments can use it to virtualize end-user access to computing resources and centralize management of those resources.
Key features of vSpace Server 7.0 for Windows include:
- Management of multiple vSpace Server environments from a single vSpace Management Center interface;
- Performance improvements for USB-based peripherals;
- Support for isochronous devices, such as webcams; and
- Direct access and management of secure smart cards with NComputing L Series and M Series thin client devices connected to vSpace Server 7.0 powered virtualization environments.
vSpace Management Center is a single point of device management for organizations deploying NComputing thin client devices.
Key features of vSpace Management Center 3.2.1 for vSpace Environments include:
- Support for L300 or M300 thin clients connected to vSpace Server 7.0;
- Web-based console;
- Single or group device management; and
- Profile-based configuration.
NComputing has also introduced Standard and Premium support programs for vSpace Server and vSpace Management Center. The Standard package "provides access to software upgrades and unlimited email or phone support during local business hours," and the Premium package provides "regular software upgrades, enhanced response times, and access to NComputing support 24x7x365," according to the company.
Further information about the vSpace Desktop and Application Virtualization Platform can be found at ncomputing.com.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.