Campus Tours | News
Modo Labs Releases Tour 2.0
Modo Labs has released Tour 2.0, an update to the company's software that enables educational institutions to create rich-media mobile campus tours for visitors and prospective students.
Tour 2.0 is an updated version of the company's Tour module for Kurogo Campus student lifecycle solution. Tour 2.0 can be implemented as part of Kurogo Campus or as a standalone mobile Web site or native app. According to the company, Tour 2.0 is designed to be simple enough that non-developers can use it to create dynamic, media-rich mobile tours in a matter of hours. Tours can include photos, audio, video, and text at each stop. Tour 2.0 can create native iPhone or Android apps as well as Web apps for use on tablets or laptops.
According to Stewart Elliot, CEO of Modo Labs, "prospective students are demanding virtual tours on their smart phones and tablets." Since college and university IT departments may not have resources available to develop virtual tours, Modo Labs believes Tour 2.0 can fill the gap by providing an easy-to-use tool, so marketing departments can create the tours themselves.
Key features of Tour 2.0 include:
- Support for real-time creation of native iPhone and Android apps;
- Support for HTML5-based mobile Web;
- Support for tablet and desktop versions as Web apps;
- Multiple layers and types of content at each stop on the tour;
- Map creation, with dynamic route paths through Google Maps;
- Intelligent map re-routes for multiple tour starting points; and
- Redesigned navigation scheme.
Tour 2.0 is available now, and further information can be found at modolabs.com.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at email@example.com.