Study: Online Degree Program Preferences
What are the most popular online programs in higher education? According to a report from education consulting firm Eduventures, most students enrolled in programs online are participating in bachelor's degree programs, followed by associate degrees.
The study, Online Higher Education Market Update, Part II, involved a survey of 163 institutions that offered online programs. Eduventures said that in contrast to the findings, most universities offer master's degree programs(61 percent) followed by bachelor's degree programs (53 percent). The remainder included:
- Associate degrees (40 percent);
- Non-credit programs (37 percent); and
- Doctoral programs (11 percent).
The study also found that those enrolled in bachelor's degree programs online were, in large part, there for degree completion, rather than for the entire program.
The report also listed the top-10 most frequently offered online programs, which included:
- Master's degree programs: business, information technology, curriculum and instruction, and public administration.
- Bachelor's degree programs: business, liberal arts, information technology, and healthcare;
- Associate degree programs: liberal arts, business, and information technology.
The complete report also provides data on online student populations, online growth rates, and market share, among other details. See the link below for more information.Read More: