Angel Adds LOM, Podcasting in 7.2
Angel Learning has released Angel LMS 7.2, an update to the company's learning management system. The latest update brings in native podcasting features and adds several new learning tools, including learning outcomes management (LOM) capabilities and native support for additional standards.
Angel LMS is a learning management system designed for both K-12 and higher ed. The 7.2 release integrates a number of new features that were previously available only through separate purchases and incorporates ideas derived from the Angel Learning community.
These include new fully integrated support for learning outcomes management. For K-12 users, this feature allows institutions to map to standards and to administer LOM centrally. In higher ed, it allows for linking to learning objectives and institutional standards. It also provides reports comparing student performance against desired outcomes.
Angel LMS also features a new assessment engine, which is designed to improve the processes of creating and managing assessments. Some of the new assessment features include:
- Question Banks to support assessment content management;
- Assessment Item Analysis for feedback on assessment items;
- Assessment reporting in Angel's At a Glance format; and
- Interaction controls and mastery settings.
On the digital media side, Angel LMS 7.2 also includes integrated podcasting. Instructors can create a "Content Syndication" folder and use that to upload media. Students can then subscribe to the media with the click of a button.
Angel LMS 7.2 also adds native support for three additional standards, including:
- Common Cartridge, an e-learning cartridge standard;
- IMS ACCLIP, an accessibility standard (along with tools for creating personalized profiles around particular disabilities; and
- IMS QTI 2.1, an assessment standard.
Angel LMS 7.2 is available now.Read More: