InMage Systems Upgrades Disaster Recovery Software
- By Dian Schaffhauser
has released an update of its disaster recovery and business continuity software to provide better support of server virtualization platforms. DR-Scout 4.2 enhancements include:
- Support for new platforms, including: Windows 2008, Windows on Itanium, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, VMware ESX, HP-UX 11iv3, and AIX 6.1;
- Enhanced audit and operational reports to better meet compliance needs, as well as support for on-demand report generation and e-mailed reports;
- Role-based access control;
- Enhanced data migration to support local direct synchronization of data and faster resynchronization times across WAN and LAN;
- Capacity-based licensing to bring down the cost for smaller organizations; and
- Enhanced application support for MySQL on Linux, Oracle on Linux, and Windows.
The application provides capacity planning functionality for storage and the wide area network (WAN) circuits that connect the primary production and secondary recovery facilities and adjustable bandwidth utilization that can be modified based on the time of day. DR-Scout also accommodates WAN outages by queuing data changes until the connection is re-established. The software is platform-independent and offers heterogeneous storage support for DAS, SAN, NAS, and iSCSI. Pricing ranges from $10,000 to $100,000.
Dian Schaffhauser is a writer who covers technology and business for a number of publications. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.