SunGard Prospects To Try Apps on Dell Gear in New Test Center
- By Dian Schaffhauser
SunGard Higher Education will be opening a digital campus test center at Dell's headquarters in Texas to help higher ed customers test out potential data center interoperability of Dell hardware and SunGard applications. The test center will specifically support SunGard's Open Digital Campus offerings and allow potential customers to preview software configurations in action on Dell PowerEdge servers and Intel Xeon Processors.
According to Dell, the new test center will help its engineers to:
- Conduct a broader range of testing on full-scale campus reference-architecture and evaluate software and hardware solutions before purchase decisions are made;
- Tap a portfolio of tools to help IT departments measure operational efficiency, manageability, and flexibility;
- Develop co-branded sizing guides to help reduce cost and complexity of maintaining technology;
- Develop reference architectures based on unique customer environments; and
- Work with SunGard Higher Education to test Dell products, including Dell EqualLogic iSCSI storage, with SunGard products.
"Our new Open Digital Campus vision and technology strategy aims to give colleges, universities and foundations more flexibility to shape how technology meets their evolving need," said Jim Bean, SunGard Higher Education vice president of business development. "As we deliver technology solutions faster with more flexible, extensible and modular components, we will work with Dell to assess full-scale configurations that reflect the IT environments and interoperability challenges facing higher education today."
Dian Schaffhauser is a writer who covers technology and business for a number of publications. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.