Development | News
Oracle PeopleTools Gains iPad Certification
Oracle has released a new version of its PeopleSoft development and customization platform, PeopleTools. Version 8.52 includes enhancements to the user interface and reporting tools, as well as iPad support for all versions of PeopleSoft.
iPad support enables users to run PeopleSoft applications in the Safari browser on the iPad. Oracle noted that PeopleSoft applications do not rely on Adobe Flex or Flash technologies, so they are not affected by Adobe’s recent announcement that it has stopped development of Flash Player for new mobile device configurations. Oracle also pointed out that some PeopleSoft applications work better than others on the iPad. The company touted its Workcenters, which are role-based landing pages that provide access to a user’s links, pages, and report, as working very well on the iPad.
Key features of PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.52 include:
- iPad certification, which enables access to any version of PeopleSoft applications through the iPad;
- Keyword search capabilities that mimic common search engine functionality;
- Related-action framework that enables users to take contextual actions directly from search results;
- Interactive pagelets and inter-pagelet communication features in Workcenters and Dashboards; and
- Data retrieval and reporting enhancements for Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) Publisher, PeopleSoft Query, Pivot Grids, Oracle Essbase, and nVision.
Oracle PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.52 is available now for download from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud. Additional information is available on the Oracle site.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.