Security | News
Halon Security Launches Virtual Firewall
- By Dian Schaffhauser
A security company based in Sweden has come out with a virtual version of its combination firewall router appliance. Halon Security's Virtual Security Router runs on VMware and provides the same functions as its HSR hardware appliance series. Those functions include:
- IPv6 support;
- Support for BGP and OSPF protocols;
- Clustering, with synchronization of configuration, firewall states, IPSec security associations, and DHCP leases;
- Load-balancing and failover;
- Traffic shaping and bandwidth management;
- SSL and web acceleration; and
- Application control.
The application is based on the open source operating system OpenBSD. Firewall management is done through a single console.
The company makes a time-limited evaluation version available with registration at halon.se.
Dian Schaffhauser is a writer who covers technology and business for a number of publications. Contact her at email@example.com.