Streaming Media | News
ShareStream Launches Streaming Video Extension For Blackboard Learn
- By Mike Hohenbrink
ShareStream has unveiled a streaming video extension for Blackboard Learn that integrates with the learning management system's (LMS) assignment tool, allowing for the creation and assessment of video assignments.
The new video building block allows faculty and staff, as well as students who have been granted privileges, to upload and edit video.
Features of the new release and integration points between Sharestream and Blackboard include:
- The ability to tag media with metadata;
- Single sign-on between ShareStream and Blackboard Learn;
- Support for composite media file types such as third-party lecture-capture files;
- The ability to search media collections for individual courses;
- The ability to securely deliver rich media through a video streaming server;
- Integration with the Blackboard Learn grade center;
- The ability to manage student-submitted media through the assignment tool;
- Enhancements to ShareStream's media mashup tool such as media filtering options;
- Pick-n-Play, an application for video uploading and management;
- ShareStream's video mashup tool, which allows for browsing ShareStream media and then adding media directly to Blackboard course pages through the "content" tool; and
- Seamless access to MediaManager, a video management system, and MediaMigrator, an automatic way to upload batch videos.
The product, which is compatible with both Blackboard Learn 9.1 and older versions, is available as either an installed software solution on a campus server or as a software-as-a-service solution with offsite media storage, secure video hosting, and video streaming services.
ShareStream is a Blackboard signature provider and specializes in online video solutions and rich-media management platforms.
More information on the new video building block is available at sharestream.com.