Digital Signage | News
New AMD FirePro W600 Graphics Card Drives Up to Six Displays
AMD's new FirePro W600 professional graphics card, introduced today at InfoComm 2012 in Las Vegas, is designed for high-resolution, content-rich, multiscreen display-wall environments.
Built on AMD’s Graphics Core Next architecture and 28nm production technology, the single-slot card is capable of driving up to six displays; two or more cards can be combined to create large video walls. The FirePro W600 supports multiple independent audio streams across up to six displays for more immersive surround sound experiences
- Support for up to six high-resolution displays or projectors from a single-slot card
- Six Mini DisplayPort connectors
- 2GB of GDDR5 graphics memory for high-performance multimedia
- Support for two HD video streams via AMD’s Unified Video Decoder
- Projection overlap capability to create one seamless image, with planned support for projection edge blending and image warping in Q4 of 2012
- Maximum power consumption of 75W
- AMD PowerTune technology that dynamically optimizes power consumption during operation
- AMD ZeroCore Power technology that provides reduced power consumption at idle
Full details can be found on the AMD FirePro W600 product page.
About the author: Rhea Kelly is senior editor for Campus Technology. She can be reached at email@example.com.