LMS | News
LoudCloud LE 3.0 for Higher Ed To Sport 200 Improvements
LoudCloud Systems revealed this week that it will release version 3 of it's learning management system for higher education in August.
According to the company, LoudCloud Learning Ecosystem for Higher Education 3.0 will boast more than 200 individual improvements focused on delivering "greater flexibility [for] teachers and administrators, a task-centric design, redesigned behavioral reader with powerful algorithms to discover related content, and ... enhanced administration, teacher, and student analytics."
LoudCloud's software--available in both hosted and on-premises configurations--offers open integration with a range of education systems, including student information systems, constituent relationship management systems, and administrative and back office systems. The LoudCloud Learning Management Ecosystem offers a range of modular components, including virtual classrooms; a data warehousing, visualization, and analytics tool designed to help institutions improve student outcomes and instructor performance; an e-reader platform; assignment management; class and course management; collaborative learning tools, such as chat and interactive whiteboards; course design tools; an e-portfolio; storage; gradebook; mobile access; assessments; and notifications.
Some of the enhancements to version 3 that LoudCloud is previewing now include:
- Improved gradebook functionality;
- New assessment creation tools;
- New content creation and management features;
- An expanded set of instructional and course management tools;
- An "expanded choice of instructional delivery formats";
- Improved administrative support, in the areas of rights management, role management, object-level permissions, and group segmentation;
- Online tutorials for end users; and
- Multi-tenant support to allow for "segmented branding at the top level of the hierarchy."
Additional Details about the LoudCloud Learning Ecosystem for colleges and universities can be found on the company's higher education portal.