SIS | News
A1.iO Develops Open Source Student Finance Module for Student Information Systems
A1.iO has unveiled its open source student finance module, A1 Student Finance, which can be used as a standalone product or linked to a student information system (SIS).
A1 Student Finance is designed to help universities and colleges manage student financials, financial aid, and accounts and simplifies regulatory compliance for financial aid disbursements, refunds, accounting rules, and tax reporting. A1 Student Finance integrates with the company's own SIS, A1 Academia, or other solutions such as Kuali, PeopleSoft Campus, Ellucian Banner, and Campus Management CampusVue.
A1 Student Finance is built on the Web-based A1 Platform with an HTML5 interface, and developers can use the open source interactive development environment (IDE) to extend and build applications.
Key features of A1 Student Finance include:
- Tuition classification based on parameters in student records;
- Unlimited charge and refund items;
- Unlimited fee structures;
- Fee rates that adjust the total cost of the fee structure;
- Tuition waiver management for different categories of students;
- Payment plan creation and management;
- Prorated refund rules and schedules;
- Payment allocation rules that dictate how payments will be allocated to charges;
- Automated bank reconciliation;
- Fee collection process management; and
- Integration with GL applications (A1-Finance, Kuali Financials (under development)).
Further information and a live, online demo version of A1 Student Finance can be found on the A1 Academia site.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.