AV & Presentation | InfoComm 2013 News
Hitachi Debuts Compact 10,000 Lumen Projector
Hitachi America recently introduced its 9000 Series DLP projectors designed for large-capacity venues at InfoComm 2013. Featuring two different lamps, the compact projectors, which weigh 41 pounds, offer a brightness of up to 10,000 lumens when both lamps are working simultaneously.
Hitachi's 9000 series projector
Additional features of the 9000 series include:
- Accentualizer image processing, which allows users to control and enhance sharpness, contrast, and other effects based on surroundings;
- Motion Adaptive Deinterlacer for focused images, even during fast-moving video;
- Two built-in color wheels, enabling both a rich color mode (ideal for use in environments where vibrant, rich images are required) and bright mode;
- HDCR (High Dynamic Contrast Range) for correcting blurred images that are caused by room lighting or outside light sources; and
- Built-in edge blending, capable of seamlessly connecting the same image being displayed by multiple projectors.
According to Hitachi, the projectors also include a motorized lens shift for dialing in lens shift, zoom, and focus; six interchangeable lenses are available to match various screen sizes and installation environments from small conference rooms to auditoriums or convention halls.
Stephen Noonoo is the former associate editor of THE Journal. He is on Twitter @stephenoonoo.