Software Updates | News
Colorado Business School Connects Students to Mentors with Updated Mentor Software
Chronus, a developer of talent and career advancement software, this week released a new version of its cloud-based Chronus Mentor software.
The updated version of the solution, which enables organizations to launch, manage, and measure mentoring programs, includes a number of end-user and administrative tool enhancements, according to Praerit Garg, chief product officer for the company.
"Our new feature set supports customers with administrative functions such as bulk matching while maintaining the fun for users with features like video profiling," said Garg, in a prepared statement.
The University of Colorado-Boulder's Leeds School of Business operates three mentor programs: Peer2Peer, Young Alumni Mentors, and Professional Mentorship. The Peer2Peer program assigns mentors to first-year students. The Young Alumni program matches sophomores with recent graduates. The Professional Mentorship program connects undergraduates and MBAs with veteran professionals in their field of interest. The school uses Chronus Mentor to support all three programs.
"As our programs have grown, the new bulk matching has allowed us to improve the efficiency of the matching process, while also enhancing the quality," said Katie Connor, director of the Leeds Mentoring Office. "For example, this summer we’ll be matching over 600 students with mentors in the various programs. Chronus provides us with the ability to create detailed profiles for a very personalized matching system. Using the bulk matching feature, we can narrow down the matching options faster and earlier in the process, which definitely saves us a lot of time."
New administrative features in the update include:
- Bulk matching, in which the system "automatically recommends matches across the defined pool of users, based on key profile data."
- Resources section, where administrators can store resources for use by mentors and mentees.
- Report exports, which enables administrators to export a number of reports to pdf.
New updates for end users include:
- Video profiling, which allows users to embed videos in their profiles;
- Calendaring, which mentors and mentees can use to post available hours or schedule appointments; and,
- "Mentor Offers," which mentors can use to invite mentees to join mentoring groups.
To get more information about the software or to view subscription plans, please visit Chronus's Web site. .
Kanoe Namahoe is online editor for 1105 Media's Education Group. She can be reached at email@example.com.