Digital Dignage | News
Touch Driver Offers Multi-touch Support for Interactive Video Walls
Schools and institutions can now create interactive digital signage and video walls that support multiple users, simultaneously, thanks to a new touch driver from graphics hardware manufacturer Matrox and 3M Touch Systems.
The 3M MT7.14.0 driver supports multi-touch capability on 3M Multi-touch Displays integrated with select Matrox hardware components. Displays range in size from 18.5 inches up to 46 inches. No touch overlays or licensing fees are required.
Matrox hardware supported includes:
- Matrox DualHead2Go external multi-monitor adapters
- Matrox TripleHead2Go external multi-monitor adapters
- Matrox M-Series add-in graphics cards
- Matrox Mura MPX video wall controller boards
- Matrox Extio KVM extenders
The new driver, available for 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows 7, can be downloaded
at no charge from 3M's site.
Kanoe Namahoe is online editor for 1105 Media's Education Group. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.