Mobile App | News
PhatWare Updates PhatPad Note-Taking and Presentation iPad App
PhatWare has released version 3.0 of PhatPad for iPad, a note-taking and collaboration app featuring upgraded handwriting recognition technology. PhatPad allows users to draw, write and type on an iPad, then share notes via PDF, e-mail, WiFi sync, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Evernote or in the app's presentation mode. Its multilingual handwriting recognition engine automatically converts handwritten notes into text, with support for eleven languages: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish and Spanish.
New features include:
- Redesigned user interface for iOS 7;
- Faster handwriting recognition and real-time recognizer alternatives;
- Search capabilities for handwritten text;
- Full-screen file manager for previewing, exporting, duplicating and e-mailing PhatPad documents;
- Simplified synchronization with Dropbox, Box, Google Drive and SkyDrive;
- Page manager with ability to rearrange document pages using drag and drop;
- Document settings including pre-defined and custom page sizes; and
- Support for page zoom and scroll.
For more information, visit the PhatWare site.
About the author: Rhea Kelly is executive editor for Campus Technology. She can be reached at email@example.com.