AV & Presentation | News
wePresent Ships 64-User Wireless Classroom Presentation Systems
The WiPG 1500 with AirPad
AV technology developer wePresent has started shipping its wireless classroom presentation systems in the United States. The wePresent WiPG systems support up to 64 simultaneous users, allowing them to share their screens on projectors or displays wirelessly, with 1080p output.
wePresent WiPG ("wireless presentation gateway") allows users on Windows, Android, OS X and iOS devices to share their screens in a 4 x 4 grid on a projector, display or interactive whiteboard.
The systems are available in two configurations, the WiPG 1000 and the WiPG 1500. Both include HDMI and RGB (mini D-sub 15-pin) connectors, three USB 2.0 ports (for enabling interactivity with interactive display devices, such as IWBs), stereo minijack and an RJ-45 jack for Ethernet (10/100). Both operate as access points and offer support for 802.11b/g/n WiFi.
Features common to both systems include:
- User management, with the ability to specify which quadrant a particular user's screen appears in;
- SNMP device management for managing multiple units;
- Support for control of projecting desktop computer using an Android or iOS device like a remote control;
- The ability for users to save slides for later annotation;
- Support for wirelessly sharing common office formats via mobile devices;
- Support for device-free presentations using USB-based drives; and
- Various security features, including session login and WEP and WPA authentication.
In addition, the WiPG 1500 offers:
- AirPad, a wireless, tablet-style device with stylus for control and annotation;
- Support for onscreen annotations and drawings using the AirPad or a touchscreen device;
- Virtual whiteboard functionality; and
- Galaxy Sender, an app for Samsung devices that lets users mirror their displays on screen wirelessly.
The wePresent WiPG 1000 retails for $699; the 1500 runs $999. The company is working with individual schools, colleges and universities on education pricing. Additional details can be found at wepresentus.com.
Executive Producer David Nagel heads up the editorial department for 1105 Media's education publications — which include two daily sites, a variety of newsletters and two monthly digital magazines covering technology in both K-12 and higher education.
A 21-year publishing veteran, Nagel has led or contributed to dozens of technology, art and business publications.
He can be reached at email@example.com. You can also connect with him on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/profile/view?id=10390192 or follow him on Twitter at @THEJournalDave (K-12) or @CampusTechDave (higher education). A selection of David Nagel's articles can be found on this site.