High-Performance Computing | News
Eurocom Unveils Supercomputer-Class Laptop
Eurocom has begun shipping the
Panther 5, a
high-end, enterprise-class laptop that can be configured with a wide variety of
processors, graphics cards, display, memory and other components.
According to the company, the Eurocom Panther 5 is designed for "high-end
professional graphics users demanding maximum performance and power when running
professional applications" and it is "an enterprise class system for
professionals creating, studying and manipulating sensitive data."
Key features of the Eurocom Panther 5 include:
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 880M graphics card with 1536 CUDA cores running at
954 MHz plus boost with 8 gigabytes of GDDR5 memory running at 2500 MHz and
scalable link interface (SLI) for dual-card configuration;
- X79 Express chipset with support for Intel Core i7-4000 and Intel Xeon
E5-2600 V2 processors, up to i7-4960X or Xeon E5-2697 v2;
- Up to four 1.5 terabyte storage drives (solid state, hybrid or
enterprise-level) with RAID 0,1,5,10 capability;
- Up to 32 gigabytes of DDR3-1600 RAM (four 8 GB SODIMM 204 pin modules);
- High definition 17.3-inch, 1080p (1,920 x 1,080) matte or glossy display
with an optional fast refresh 120 Hz panel;
- Variety of ports, including S/PDIF, FireWire 800, HDMI 1.4a, Display
Port 1.2 and DVI-I.
- ExpressCard 54 slot compatible with 34 mm and 54 mm cards for peripheral
devices, including a Magma Express Box expansion chassis with optional PCIe
cards such as video capture, media transcoding and audio processing;
- Trusted Platform Module 1.2 (TPM);
- Fingerprint reader; and
- Kensington lock port.
Further information about the Eurocom Panther 5 can be found on the
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at email@example.com.