Mississippi State Implements Reflex Virtual Management Center
Mississippi State University
- By Dian Schaffhauser
has implemented Reflex VMC (Virtual Management Center) from Reflex Systems
. The application allows IT administrators to monitor a virtual infrastructure and enforce business and IT policies.
"Deploying virtualization has helped us significantly reduce costs and increase our efficiency," said Clay Hill, Web sites manager at Mississippi State's Libraries
. "We selected the Reflex VMC to help us continue to reap the benefits of virtualization, while keeping peace of mind that our virtual environments are not only properly managed, but also secure."
VMC functionality includes:
- Infrastructure discovery and mapping using real-time and historical reporting;
- Revision control and configuration monitoring to monitor and analyze virtual infrastructure changes in real-time and historically;
- Application/services discovery through inspection of traffic content;
- Network security by detecting and preventing attacks on the virtual infrastructure and enforcing IT policies;
- Performance monitoring by analyzing virtual network performance and uncovering bottlenecks;
- Lifecycle management that tracks users, configurations, applications, and performance in the context of security; and
- Policy enforcement, which allows the administrator to define and enforce IT policies across multiple virtual environments.
The company's software is also in use by Clark Atlanta University
in Georgia and the University of Oxford
in the United Kingdom.
Dian Schaffhauser is a senior contributing editor for 1105 Media's education publications THE Journal and Campus Technology. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @schaffhauser.