LMS | News
CourseMill 6.5 Adds Increased Customization Keyword Search
Trivantis has released a new version of its CourseMill Learning Management System, which allows for increased customization and searching.
The Web-based CourseMill LMS lets instructors, students, and administrators manage, track, and take online courses. Students can take courses using mobile devices running iOS, Android, Palm WebOS, and most other smart phones, according to information released by the company. It provides student self-enrollment, single-click course upload, shopping cart support, and wait list functionality. Other options include real-time chat, internal and external e-mail, instant messaging, mass e-mailing, and document sharing. The LMS also lets users create an unlimited number of reports.
Features new to version 6.5 include:
- The ability to create certificates for learners with personalized colors, images and text;
- Control over how location and dates are displayed in catalog search results, and locating specific results within search lists;
- The ability to specify the site name that appears in the browser's title window;
- Keyword searching for specific curricula or courses in the course catalog using;
- The ability to specify the Web site address for the text of the student's news tab;
- Saving time by specifying learners' curriculum, course, and permissions when bulk-importing data;
- The ability to pick whether to retain the highest score that a student achieves on a module; and
- More options that allow administrators to schedule reports to run daily, restrict the timeframe of the report to the frequency of the report, and create weekly reports.
CourseMill LMS is compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, Mozilla Firefox 2.0, Google Chrome 2, and Apple Safari 2.0, or greater, and is used with CourseMill Enterprise or CourseMill Hosted.
For more information, visit trivantis.com.
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and followed on Twitter @editortim.