Continuing Education | News
Jenzabar Links Course Catalogs to Facebook
Jenzabar has added a new feature to its Higher Reach by Jenzabar software that lets colleges and universities connect continuing education catalogs with their Facebook pages.
Higher Reach by Jenzabar provides tools for administering continuing education, certificate, and workforce development programs.
The new social media feature lets students browse the catalog and register without leaving the Facebook page.
It's available on several database platforms, including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and Postgre SQL, and on Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, and Unix operating systems.
Key features of Higher Reach include:
- Support for customizing software to specific programs;
- Registration and course management capabilities for a range of program types;
- Multiple pricing plans, discounts, payment plans, and transfer payments;
- Schedule conflict identification and prevention for students, instructors, and classrooms;
- Financial analysis tools for planning and managing budgets, calculating gross margin, and break-even analysis;
- Built-in export tools and solutions to integrate with Jenzabar's Internet Portal Solution, Moodle and other learning management systems, and existing traditional enterprise resource planning; and
- Setting up specific access to data depending on role of staff member.
Functions of interest to students include online registration and shopping cart for course enrollment, books, child care, supplies, and other services; ability to view transactions, request section-drops, and view final grades; enrolling using pre-paid tickets; and opting in to waiting lists.
For more information, visit the Jenzabar Web site.
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at email@example.com and followed on Twitter @editortim.