School Safety | News
Rave Alert 5.0 Expands Social Media, LMS Support
Rave Mobile Safety has released Rave Alert 5.0, emergency notification software for colleges and universities.
Rave Alert delivers alerts through multiple platforms, including social media, text messages, e-mail, and more.
New features in Rave Alert 5.0 include:
- An HTML5-based administrator console for easier access via mobile devices;
- Easy Send, which lets administrators deploy breaking messages to staff, faculty, and students using a three-click process;
- Alert generation reporting;
- A new template manager;
- Enhanced delivery confirmation;
- Improved performance for messaging;
- A social media manager that adds enhanced support for Facebook and Twitter, plus reporting tools;
- Improved RSS management;
- Expanded support for learning management and student information systems; and
- Improved data management controls.
In related news, Rave Mobile Safety has announced that Jenzabar will market Rave Alert, as well as Rave's EyeWitness, which lets students report crime tips to college police departments through text-messaging.
For more information, visit the Rave Mobile Safety Web site.
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and followed on Twitter @editortim.