ERP | News
rSmart Releases Automated Grant Management for Kuali Coeus
rSmart, a provider of higher ed solutions built on the open-source Kuali enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, has released rSmart Cloud Express for Kuali Coeus, a new automated grant management product for primarily undergraduate institutions.
According to Diane Barrett, former president of the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) and current rSmart Kuali Coeus consultant, many institutions are still using time-consuming, complicated, and potentially error-prone manual processes to manage their grants and consequently putting the success of their grants at risk. "Grant funds are very competitive and funders are placing more requirements on how these funds are managed," she said in a prepared statement.
rSmart Cloud Express for Kuali Coeus is intended to solve that problem by automating the grant management process. According to the company, Cloud Express for Kuali Coeus is affordable and easy to deploy. It is "built on the Kuali Coeus open source software, delivered in the rSmart Cloud, pre-configured based on industry best practices, and includes out-of-the-box reporting for better insight and management of grants administration," according to information from the company.
Key features of rSmart Cloud Express for Kuali Coeus include:
- Web-based proposal and budget development;
- Online proposal collaboration and routing for faster review and approval;
- Electronic proposal submission and Grants.gov integration;
- Comprehensive awards management;
- Out-of-the-box proposal and award reports including proposals by sponsor and type, investigator history, funding status, awards by principal investigator, and more; and
- Optional modules for compliance management including conflict of Interest (COI), institutional review board (IRB), and institutional animal care, and use committee (IACUC).
rSmart Cloud Express for Kuali Coeus is available now. Further information can be found on rSmart's site.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.