Classroom Presentations | News
EchoSystem Lecture Capture Tool Adds Android 4 Support, On-Air Checks
Echo360 has released an update to its flagship lecture capture tool, EchoSystem. The latest release, version 5.4, adds new support for Android 4.0 (or higher) and reduces storage requirements.
EchoSystem is a lecture capture system that records classroom presentations automatically and encodes them into a variety of formats for distribution across multiple media, including podcasts, rich media formats, and streaming video. It's compatible with classroom presentation tools, such as whiteboards, tablet PCs and document cameras, and it supports learning management systems like Blackboard Learn. It also allows users to publish to a variety of outlets, including Apple's iTunes U. It runs on desktop computers or on a dedicated appliance. According to Echo360, it's in use in more than 6,000 courses at more than 500 institutions worldwide.
EchoSystem 5.4 includes a number of significant enhancements:
- A 35 percent reduction in database storage requirements;
- Windows 7 and Windows 8 software capture and publishing, with support for dual-stream capture;
- New support for Android 4.0 and higher for mobile access;
- Support for publishing to blogs; and
- A new on-air check that indicates when the system is recording.
Complete details can be found on the Echo360 site.