Classroom Design | News
Bretford Will Ship Furniture System for Connected Learning Environments
- By Mike Hohenbrink
Bretford Manufacturing has announced it will ship its EDU 2.0 line of environmentally-friendly furniture for the classroom starting in March, and that the line will feature wireless power technology.
The line includes traditional classroom items such as desks, seating products, and tables as well as presenters and whiteboards, and contains features designed to work with mobile technologies and different power solutions for staying connected. Inductive coupling developed by Powermat has been built into the units, which enables sensors to determine when a device is fully charged and then shut off power delivery to conserve energy.
The EDU 2.0 line is also carbon neutral with some products holding or anticipated to hold further endorsements such as the Greenguard Environmental Institute’s Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and Children & Schools certifications.
Items within the new line include:
- Explore T-Leg computer and collaborative laptop tables;
- Explore flip and nest tables;
- Explore 4-leg Scale-Up active learning, Voltea computer, and activity tables;
- Explore pedestal base café and Motiv occasional tables;
- Explore chairs and stools;
- Instructor tech desks;
- Mobile file storage peds;
- Presentation shuttles;
- Mobile interactive whiteboards;
- Motiv modular soft seating; and
- Motiv freestanding soft seating.
The EDU 2.0 furnishing also feature an expanded selection of finishes including laminate, veneer, paint, and trim options.
Orders for the line will be taken beginning February 20, and products will ship within 20 business days.
More information is available at Bretford's Web site.