Universities Adopt Document Management
According to Perceptive Software, a developer of document management systems, five new universities have signed on to use its ImageNow enterprise document management and workflow solution.
ImageNow is designed to capture documents from a variety of input devices, including scanners, faxes, mail servers, and Office applications, and organize them and make them available within third-party applications. It includes support for stuctured and unstructured forms, contextualization of documents through metadata at the time of capture, Web access to documents, data extraction and recognition, and various other features.
The five universities that recently signed on with Perceptive include:
- Dillard University, New Orleans, LA, a four-year college that will deploy ImageNow in admissions, financial aid, and records;
- Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, OK, which will use ImageNow in its accounts payable department;
- Saginaw Valley State University in Michigan, which will use ImageNow across the campus;
- Southeastern Louisiana University, which will add ImageNow to financial aid and the registrar’s office; and
- Washington and Lee University in Virginia, which will use ImageNow in its registrar’s office.
Perceptive said that the five additional universities bring the total number of higher education institutions using ImageNow to 260.Read More:
Executive Producer David Nagel heads up the editorial department for 1105 Media's education publications — which include two daily sites, a variety of newsletters and two monthly digital magazines covering technology in both K-12 and higher education.
A 21-year publishing veteran, Nagel has led or contributed to dozens of technology, art and business publications.
He can be reached at email@example.com. You can also connect with him on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/profile/view?id=10390192 or follow him on Twitter at @THEJournalDave (K-12) or @CampusTechDave (higher education). A selection of David Nagel's articles can be found on this site.