Agnitum Releases Security Suite that Protects Windows 7 RC
- By Dian Schaffhauser
Agnitum has released versions of its security software, Outpost Pro, to protect computers running Windows 7 Release Candidate even before the new operating system is released to the general public. The company's offerings include Outpost Firewall Pro and Outpost Antivirus Pro 2009 as well as Outpost Security Suite Pro, which includes firewall, antivirus, antispyware, anti-spam, and host protection.
"Outpost 6.7 is our first Windows 7-compatible effort, and we are very happy with the way the products have performed in testing," said Vitaly Yanko, the company's director of marketing and sales. "We will be building on the advances in technical superiority and quality controls in this version to deliver even better solutions in the future."
Among the improvements in Outpost 6.7 are:
- An enhanced anti-malware engine and heuristic analyzer for better detection;
- Improved self-protection and host protection anti-leak;
- Content filtering that's compatible with P2P clients and rich-media Web sites;
- Fewer false positives from Attack Detector during port scans;
- Faster performance under Vista SP1/SP2 and 64-bit Windows;
- More stable network operations for users with Internet Connection Sharing, shared printers and workstations using Vmware; and
- More settings for its auto-learn and game modes.
Dian Schaffhauser is a writer who covers technology and business for a number of publications. Contact her at email@example.com.