Information Technology | News
Arcadia University Selects IT Remote Support Service
Information technology staff at Arcadia University are using a remote service to help them handle technical support for faculty and staff across the globe.
The school, located in Philadelphia, PA, has deployed LogMeIn Rescue, developed by LogMeIn, which is headquartered in Woburn, MA. In addition to the Philadelphia campus, Arcadia University has study abroad programs in Latin America, Turkey, New Zealand, Ireland, Great Britain, India, and China.
LogMeIn Rescue provides cloud-based tools for university IT staff to remotely access computers and mobile devices, on and off LAN, with permission from the end user. Rescue enables the university to provide technical support for a variety of computers and devices, including PCs, Macs, smartphones, and tablets.
Features of LogMeIn Rescue include:
- A Web-based console that lets IT staff connect to any desktop, laptop, or mobile device without deploying software;
- Intregration with university ticketing systems, such as the Zendesk solution in use at Arcadia;
- The calling card, which provides a hotline icon on each computer or device desktop that can be clicked to ask for technical support;
- Online chat, which lets IT staff discuss technical issues online with end users;
- A desktop app that allows technicians to access the console through a mobile device;
- Remote diagnostics, which provide complete system information through a dashboard;
- Drag and drop file transfer;
- Screen sharing, which lets the IT staff show pertinent information to the end user; and
- White board and laser pointer tools.
"LogMeIn Rescue is saving Arcadia University considerable time and resources," said Sam Lodise, technology support coordinator at Arcadia. "Our ability to offer innovative technology and top-notch support has significantly impacted not just the productivity of the IT department, but that of the university as a whole."
Arcadia University has 3,743 students enrolled, with 2,162 undergraduates and 1,581 graduate students. It has more than 100 study abroad programs around the world, and approximately 80 fields of study.
For more information about LogMeIn Rescue, visit logmeinrescue.com. Go to arcadia.edu for more information about Arcadia University.
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at email@example.com and followed on Twitter @editortim.