IT | News
Cisco Intros CloudVerse for Integrated Cloud Management
Cisco has introduced CloudVerse, a new framework for building, managing, and connecting public, private, and hybrid clouds.
"Until now cloud technology resided in silos, making it harder to build and manage clouds, and to interconnect multiple clouds, posing critical challenges for many organizations," said Padmasree Warrior, Cisco senior vice president of engineering and chief technology officer. The company created CloudVerse to support an integrated management approach to cloud management.
The three core elements of Cisco CloudVerse are Unified Data Center, Cloud Intelligent Network, and Cloud Applications and Services.
Unified Data Center is a scalable, integrated, fabric-based platform that automates the "as-a-service" model across physical and virtual environments. Unified Data Center includes:
- Unified Fabric network infrastructure and integrated network services for high-speed connectivity, high-availability, security, and quality of experience;
- Unified Computing system-level computing infrastructure that integrates computing, access networking, storage networking, and management into a scalable framework for physical or virtualized applications;
- New Unified Management framework, which includes Cisco Intelligent Automation for the Cloud for automated provisioning and management of data center resources and delivery of cloud services within and between data centers, as well as Cisco Network Service Manager for automatically creating, deploying, and modifying physical and virtual networking resources on demand;
- Support for Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solutions; and
- Data Center Services.
Cloud Intelligent Network includes:
- Cloud customer connection, which helps deliver services to the customer while securely promoting service quality with business-oriented policy controls and context-aware security capabilities;
- New cloud-to-cloud connection, which enables dynamic resource identification, allocation, and optimization between data centers and clouds; and
- Network management and automation.
Cloud Applications and Services enables delivery of Cisco and third-party cloud application as a service. New features include:
- Private Cloud Hosted Collaboration Suite to enable enterprises to build their own collaboration cloud;
- Mobile Hosted Collaboration Suite to enable mobile service providers to offer collaboration from the cloud; and
- Customer Collaboration makes contact center capabilities more affordable and accessible.
Further information about Cisco CloudVerse is available on the Cisco site.