Digital Textbooks | News
Kno Adds Pageburst Books for Nursing and Health Professions
Elsevier, a company that provides technical, medical, and scientific information products and services, will make its Pageburst digital books available through the Kno platform.
Comprising Elsevier's nursing and health professions books, Pageburst on Kno will mimic the layout of traditional textbooks and will include interactive learning tools. Features of Pageburst include:
- The ability to search one book or the entire library;
- A notebook that allows instructors and students to share notes;
- The ability to highlight text;
- Online, desktop, and mobile options for accessing books;
- The ability to add links to text, tables, and figures in classroom presentations; and
- Customizable study guides and flash cards using notes exported from textbooks.
"As digital textbook sales continue to grow, the education methods for nursing and health science students should involve more advanced technology," said Tom Wilhelm, Vice President, e-Solutions, Elsevier Nursing and Health Professions. "Students will have access to even more invaluable information presented in an interactive, even entertaining, fashion. Teachers will benefit by having better interaction opportunities with students through a medium that takes advantage of the best technology available."
More information about Pageburst is available at pageburst.elsevier.com. Go to kno.com to try out Kno's online app or visit itunes.apple.com to learn more about Kno for the iPad.
Joshua Bolkan is the multimedia editor for Campus Technology and THE Journal. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.