AV & Presentation
DPI Ships Multi-Format Switcher/Scaler
Digital Projection International (DPI) has started shipping the VIP 3000, a multi-format switcher with image processor. The VIP 3000 is optimized for projection, with flexible warp and blend, improved image scaling, broadcast-grade deinterlacing, noise reduction, and other image enhancers.
The company said the switcher feature can accommodate a number of analog and digital video inputs: HDMI 1.3, DVI, HDSDI, SDI, component, S-video, and composite. The VIP 3000 is also capable of handling multi-projector applications, with one device dedicated to each projector.
A multi-output graphics card can be used for data- and graphics-intensive content, combining with multiple projectors and VIP 3000s to form a large, multi-megapixel matrix display, with the VIP 3000 is used for matching the projectors’ black levels and colors.
Matching can be seamless across curved or other shaped projection surfaces, owing to DPI’s warp technologies. The combination of these products can also be used to create an ultra-wide display. Native source output is distributed to each VIP 3000. The pan and zoom determine which pieces of the video to display on which projector. Blend allows the images to be presented side by side seamlessly.
Other features include:
- Image pan, zoom and rotation, which supports portrait applications;
- Four-sided, eight-zone image blending for multi-projector array applications;
- 10-bit black-level correction for matching black level in non-blend areas;
- Multipoint warp, adjusted via a PC application;
- Picture-in-Picture (even across blend area), provides simultaneous display of multiple sources;
- Temporal / Film noise filter and advanced MPEG noise reduction; and
- HQV HD Video processing.
Further information about the VIP 3000 can be found here.
Denise Harrison is a freelance writer and editor specializing in technology, specifically in audiovisual and presentation. She also works as a consultant for Second Life projects and is involved with nonprofits and education within the 3D realm. She can be reached here.