ERP | News
Intelligent Learning Platform To Integrate Colleague, Blackboard Learn
A partnership announced by Datatel+SGHE and Blackboard will integrate Colleague with Blackboard Learn 9.1 using Datatel+SGHE's Intelligent Learning Platform to centralize information from academic and administrative systems. The collaboration will bring together course management, grading, and collaboration tools for colleges and universities.
The Intelligent Learning Platform, which is also compatible with other learning management and student information systems, provides immediate access to the online course interface after enrollment. The ILP is also designed to simplify course creation and uses a single interface to organize teaching activities.
Other features include:
- One sign-on for learning management, Web forms, and e-mail;
- A portal that provides notifications and class information;
- A grading tool that requires three clicks;
- Communication tools for instructors to provide messages to students through the portal or smart phone;
- Tracking and reporting of savings by the college or university; and
- Role-based access according to institutional policies.
"We are happy that two key partners are working together to bring the benefits of an integrated solution to our students, faculty, and staff and anticipate that adoption and depth of usage for Blackboard will reach new heights as a result," said Janice Wachtarz, associate vice president for information services at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, Connecticut.
For more information, visit the Datatel and Blackboard Web sites.
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at email@example.com and followed on Twitter @editortim.