Outsourcing IT in Higher Ed: A Necessary Evil?
What happens when a public university outsources IT work to an Indian firm?
- In Case of Disaster, Plan, Test and Plan Again
- Drafting and testing a disaster recovery plan can help clarify crisis decision-making.
- Scaling Up With Adaptive Learning
- Two universities share how they are using adaptive courseware to increase retention.
- Why the Switch to OER Is Easier Than You Think
- The move to open educational resources doesn't necessarily mean a total revamp.
- The Future of Collaboration Spaces
- A recent learning space renovation at Indiana University focused on informal learning and collaborative tech.
- An Open Repository of Learning Space Design
- The cross-institutional FLEXspace team created a global forum for sharing examples of technology-enhanced learning environments and their impact on teaching and learning.
- A Location-Aware App for Exploring the Library
- To help users access rich information resources on campus, the University of Oklahoma Libraries created a mobile app with location-based navigation and "hyperlocal" content.
- Do-It-Yourself Accessibility
- The University of Central Florida's University Design Online Content Inspection Tool evaluates online course content for accessibility issues, allowing instructors to find and address potential problems.
- Login / The IT Issues Ahead
- Campus & Industry / Students on Tech and More
- C-Level View / From IoT to IoE
- About Us/Index
November/December 2016 | vol. 30 no. 2