Enterprise Resource Planning | News
Jenzabar Releases New ERP System
Jenzabar has launched a Web-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, Jenzabar JX, for colleges and universities.
Jenzabar provides student information modules in several areas, including admissions, financial aid, registration, student life, advising, and alumni development. On the business side, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budget, fixed assets, general ledger, payroll and personnel, and purchasing modules are included.
Features of Jenzabar JX include:
- An open environment, which allows integration with third-party systems;
- Customizeable options for managing student and business office data;
- Enrollment tools to increase outreach and engagement;
- An academic management system, designed to help administrators budget and plan ahead for academic programs and resources; and
- Campus communications tools for students, alumni, faculty, and staff, with mobile device access.
Jenzabar also offers two other ERP systems: CX, created with the Unix platform, and EX, which runs via the Microsoft SQL Server platform. Jenzabar JX uses Service Oriented Architecture, is Web-based, and was developed using Java.
In related news, Alliant International University, based in San Francisco, CO, and Naropa University in Boulder, CO, have decided to sign on with Jenzabar's Managed Services offering, which provides on-site informational technology support in the areas of infrastructure and application systems support, and software installation.
For more information, visit the Jenzabar Web site.
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and followed on Twitter @editortim.