Assessments | News
Chalk & Wire Optimizes Assessment Platform for Mobile Devices
Chalk & Wire has updated its assessment platform for higher education to work better on mobile devices.
"Chalk & Wire users, including those logging in via one of Chalk & Wire's learning management system (LMS) partners, can now work on their accreditation reporting, assessments, e-portfolio, fieldwork and performance analysis from any mobile platform," according to a company news release.
Other new features include:
- Integration of the company's "CoreValidity" methods, which are designed to improve alignment between faculty and institutional leadership with a unified assessment language;
- A new rubric development tool;
- Improved LMS integration;
- Improved drag-and-drop workflows for e-portfolios;
- Access to cloud storage for Apple users;
- An improved user support system; and
- Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
"This latest release takes the key aspects of CoreValidity and embeds them into the heart of the Chalk & Wire software suite, helping institutions demonstrate student learning as a specific result of instruction," said Geoff Irvine, CEO of Chalk & Wire, in a prepared statement. "Our assessment platform harnesses and adapts any learning outcome and automatically and transparently drives it down to the already planned evaluation of student competency. This helps to organically promote a common assessment language across campus for increased reliability and consistency."
More information is available at chalkandwire.com.
Joshua Bolkan is the multimedia editor for Campus Technology and THE Journal. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.