Digication Rolls Out Integrated e-Portfolio Tool
Digication has released an update to its e-Portfolio tool, bringing integration with the company's eponymous online classroom suite. The newly revamped suite continues to be free for up to 1,000 users at accredited institutions in the United States.
The Digication online classroom provides a suite of collaboration and communications tools that allows students to access class materials, participate in discussions, set up calendar events, and archive classes. Content now can be exported to e-Portfolio to display their work and publish highlights from classes.
Some of the features include:
- Collaborative editing of e-portfolios;
- Administrator/educator approval for content to be published;
- RSS support;
- Tagging and public/private commenting;
- Up to 3 GB of storage provided free for 1,000 users, with additional storage available for $50 per year per GB;
- Threaded discussions;
- Collaborative learning tools;
- A gradebook feature for grading assignments;
- Calendars for course, community, and private events; and
- The ability to export to e-Portfolio.
Digication is free for 1,000 users at any U.S. accredited school. Users can sign up at the company's website to create unlimited e-Portfolios, courses, and online communities. An admin tool is also available, starting at $20 per year.Read More:
Executive Producer David Nagel heads up the editorial department for 1105 Media's education publications — which include two daily sites, a variety of newsletters and two monthly digital magazines covering technology in both K-12 and higher education.
A 21-year publishing veteran, Nagel has led or contributed to dozens of technology, art and business publications.
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with him on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/profile/view?id=10390192 or follow him on Twitter at @THEJournalDave (K-12) or @CampusTechDave (higher education). A selection of David Nagel's articles can be found on this site.