Videoconferencing | News
InFocus Unveils Cloud-Based All-in-One Conferencing System
The Mondopad includes whiteboarding capabilities and connects to a range of videoconferencing systems.
InFocus has launched a new videoconferencing and collaboration system called "Mondopad"--a 55-inch touchscreen display with built-in whiteboarding, presentation, and communications tools.
The Mondopad--which InFocus described as an "all-in-one giant tablet designed for business-class videoconferencing and collaboration"--is built around an Intel Core i5 processor with 4 GB memory and WIndows 7 Professional for multi-touch support. It combines a 55-inch, 1080p-capable, interactive touchscreen display with a 720p video camera and integrated support for standards-based (SIP and H.323) endpoints to enable videoconferencing across a range of platforms, from high-end telepresence systems down to free services like Skype using VIdtel's cloud-based conferencing service.
The device's interactive whiteboarding capabilities include multi-color annotation, highlighting, and drawing tools (including some primitives); support for multi-whiteboard networked communications; and note capture and sharing.
Other capabilities and components of the Mondopad include:
- Support for viewing and controlling the Mondopad through Android- and iOS-based smart phones and tablets;
- Integrated 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz) WiFi for remote control via computer or handheld;
- Remote monitoring and management for IT administrators;
- Six USB ports, two gigabit Ethernet ports, and one RS-232 port for networking and control;
- Wireless keyboard, mouse, and remote control;
- Four integrated unidirectional microphones;
- Included speaker bar, camera, and table stand; and
- File sharing with meeting participants, with support for uploading files via e-mail.
The LCD display itself supports a maximum resolution of WUXGA (1,920 x 1,200) with 1.07 billion colors and offers a brightness of 450 cd/m² and a contrast ratio of 5,000:1.
The webcam supports resolutions up to 1,280 x 720 (720p) and offers a high-definition frame rate of 22 FPS during two-way communications using H.264 encoding.
Mondopad's AV ports include two HDMI; RGB (mini D-sub 15-pin); component; S-video; composite video; stereo RCA; and stereo minijack input and output.
The Mondopad is expected to ship next month for $5,949. Videoconferencing services will run $49 per connection per month. Additional details can be found on the InFocus Mondopad portal.