IBM Updates Collaborative Software
IBM has released Lotus Quickr 8.1, an update to the company's collaborative learning tool. The new version adds Microsoft Outlook support and integration with Lotus Connections, among other enhancements.
Lotus Quickr is both a Web- and a desktop-based rich collaboration and file sharing environment available in Standard and Entry editions. The Standard edition provides a media repository/store, a set of Web services for content management and collaboration, and plugins for accessing Quickr through desktop apps.
Lotus Quickr Entry is similar to Standard but geared toward personal file sharing, rather than team collaboration and multi-user document sharing. Features new to 8.1 (Standard) include:
- Lotus Connections integration;
- Plugins for supporting Lotus Notes 8.0.1, Lotus Symphony, and Microsoft Outlook;
- An improved UI and workflow, including enhancements to contextual menus, breadcrumbs navigation, and version control;
- Simplified personal file sharing; and
- New administrator features, including enhanced policy settings and reporting.
Lotus Quickr Standard and Entry are available now for electronic delivery and are expected to be available April 8 in physical packaging with documentation. Other localized versions will roll out between April 28 and June 9.