Canon Debuts SXGA+ LCoS Multimedia Projector
Canon has debuted a new model in its REALiS line of LCoS-based projectors, the SX800, an SXGA+ multimedia projector that uses Canon's latest-generation 0.55-inch LCoS (liquid crystal on silicon) LCD panels.
The new 11-pound SX800 offers a resolution of 1,400 x 1,050, a contrast ratio of 900:1, and a brightness of 3,000 lumens. It uses Canon-developed LCoS panels to eliminate the "screen door" effect experienced with standard LCD projectors.
Other features include:
- Auto/manual vertical keystone correction (±20 degrees);
- A 1.5x powered zoom lens;
- Powered focus;
- 12x digital zoom (in addition to 1.5x optical zoom);
- Canon's Aspectual Illumination System optical system; and
- An "Off and Go" feature that allows users to unplug the projector without a cool-down period.
The Canon REALiS SX800 Multimedia Projector is available this month for $2,499. Further information can be found here.