Notifications | News
Visix, Rave Mobile Partner on Campus Notifications
Digital signage software firm Visix and emergency notification system provider Rave Mobile Safety are joining forces.
The two companies have agreed to a strategic partnership in which they will work together on technology, sales, and marketing for colleges and university products.
Visix is the developer of AxisTV digital signage software. AxisTV provides a Web-based interface that lets the user create, schedule, and send campus announcements from anywhere there is an Internet connection.
Features of AxisTV include:
- Tools to create video streaming, news and weather updates, and announcements;
- A library of backgrounds and templates;
- The ability to import media files, including Microsoft PowerPoint;
- An alert notification module, which allows users to override scheduled notifications and send Common Alerting Protocol emergency alerts from Rave Alert and other third-party systems. Messages can be delivered to the AxisTV content manager through the application programming interface or by e-mail;
- Calendar-based scheduling; and
- Targeting of messages to the whole signage network or specific areas.
Messages can be deployed to a variety of platforms, including TVs, desktop computers, Web sites, room signs, RSS-enabed devices, and smartphones.
The Rave Alert platform allows the user to send mass notifications via Facebook and Twitter, RSS feeds, voice, text messages, and e-mail.
Rave Alert features include:
- Activation of notifications via Web-based interface with a three-click EasySend process;
- Reporting and analysis of notifications;
- Letting recipients select how they want to receive notifications; and
- Integration with third-party systems, such as AxisTV.
For more information, visit ravemobilesafety.com or visix.com.
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at email@example.com and followed on Twitter @editortim.