AV & Presentation | News
Christie Intros 3-Chip Fixed Installation DLP Projectors
Roadster models shown stacked to produce higher light output.
Christie has unveiled its new J series of fixed installation projectors, comprising 11 three-chip DLP models that use Xenon lamps to display video and images at up to 20,000 lumens. The company also debuted two LCD projectors for use in medium and large venues.
The new series consists of six 1,920 x 1,280 (HD) models: the HD7K-J, HD9K-J, Roadster HD14K-J, Roadster HD16K-J, and Roadster HD20K-J; one 1,920 x 1,200 (WUXGA) model, the Roadster WU20K-J; and five 1,400 x 1,050 (SXGA) models, the DS+10K-J, DS+8K-J, Roadster S+14K-J, Roadster S+18K-J, and Roadster S+22K-J.
The brightness for each projector is:
- 6,200 lumens at 220 volts or 4,650 lumens at 110 volts for the HD7K-J;
- 6,800 lumens at 220 volts or 5,100 lumens at 110 volts for the DS+8K-J;
- 8,000 lumens for the HD9K-J;
- 8,500 lumens for the DS+10K-J;
- 12,000 lumens for the Roadster HD14K-J;
- 12,500 lumens for the Roadster S+14K-J;
- 14,000 lumens for the Roadster HD16K-J;
- 16,000 lumens for the Roadster S+18K-J;
- 18,000 lumens for the Roadster WU20K-J and Roadster HD20K-J; and
- 20,000 lumens for the Roadster S+22K-J.
All J series projectors have similar contrast ratios, ranging from 1,600:1 to 2,000:1.
Communications and control ports for all of the models include RJ-45 LAN and RS-232; embedded Christie Twist software allows them to blend images with other projectors and display corrected images on irregular surfaces.
Additional Features include:
- A lens system that automatically calibrates to a newly installed lens;
- Advanced block artifact reduction;
- A lamp memory module;
- ChristieNET Web interface;
- 10-bit processing;
- Automatic shut off;
- Dynamic host configuration protocol;
- Simple network management protocol;
- Liquid cooling (Roadster models only);
- USB connectivity;
- A dust sealed light engine; and
- Image tilting capabilities.
Lamp life is 750 hours for the Roadster S+18K-J, the Roadster HD16K-J, the Roadster HD20K-J, the Roadster WU20K-J, and the Roadster S+22K-J; 1,000 hours for the Roadster S+14K-J and the Roadster HD14K-J; and 1,500 hours for the Christie DS+8K-J, the Christie HD7K-J, the Christie HD9K-J, and the Christie DS+10K-J.
A 3D upgrade kit is available for the Christie DS+8K-J, the Christie HD7K-J, and all of the Roadster models.
AV inputs and peripheral ports vary with input cards. The projectors offer four input card slots. Optional cards include analog inputs (BNC and RGB); XLR/DMX512; Dual link DVI; SDI and HD-SDI; an analog card with RGB (mini D-sub 15-pin), S-video, and composite video; and dual HDMI. Cards designed for Christie M-series projectors are also compatible with J-series projectors.
The two LCD projectors are the LX1200, a dual bulb model with a native resolution of 1,024 x 768 (XGA), and the LHD700, a single bulb model with a native resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 (HD). The LX1200 has a brightness of 12,000 lumens and a contrast ratio of 4,000:1, while the LHD700 has a brightness of 7,000 lumens and a contrast ratio of 3,000:1.
Supported control standards and communications for the LHD700 include both wired LAN and RS-232 control. The LX1200 offers RS-232 control without wired LAN capabilities.
Both projectors can be stacked with similar models for redundant image protection or an increased brightness.
Additional features include:
- Digital keystone correction of ±40 degrees (vertical) and ±20 degrees (horizontal);
- 360 degree on-axis rotation;
- 4DColor technology;
- Automatic discoloration prevention with 3D-AUCC technology; and
- An automatic filter cartridge with an estimated life of 10,000 hours.
The LHD700 comes equipped with AMX device discovery and Crestron RoomView software.
AV inputs, peripheral, and control ports for the LHD700 include HDMI, DVI-D, 5BNC, S-video,
RJ-45, RS-232 in, and RS-232 out. AV inputs, peripheral, and control ports for the LX1200 include DVI-D, 5BNC, S-video, RS-232 in, and RS-232 out.
All of the J series and LCD projectors are covered by a three-year parts and labor warranty.
Further information can be found at christiedigital.com.