Mobile Security | News
Free BlueSprig App Addresses Mobile Security
- By Dian Schaffhauser
AirCover's Family Safety feature allows users to see where one another are via GPS tracking and sends alerts when someone needs help or leaves a predefined area.
A company that addresses mobile security has released a free security app and location tool that lets the user track down the whereabouts of his or her smartphone and wipe data remotely from its memory. BlueSprig's AirCover, available for Apple iOS and Google Android devices, offers a number of features:
- Device Found, which tracks down a lost device from any PC or smartphone and activates an alarm. This function includes customizable instructions for a safe return and the ability to remotely wipe a device to protect it from being accessed;
- Cloud Backup, which offers an Apple iCloud-like alternative for maintaining and restoring device contents;
- Family Safety, which helps locate others with GPS tracking, issues emergency alerts when someone needs help, and sends alerts when a user moves beyond a pre-defined area;
- Battery Doctor, which help the user monitor device battery life;
- Mobile Anti-Virus, an Android-only function to prevent malware from being downloaded within a new app or file;
- Privacy Protection, an Android-only function that shows the user what apps on the device can access personal data and allows them to be reset; and
- System Optimization, an Android-only set of functions for stopping tasks, cleaning cache, and addressing other system needs.
The app is compatible with devices running iOS 4.0 or later and Android version 2.1 and above.
More information is available at bluesprig.com.
Dian Schaffhauser is a writer who covers technology and business for a number of publications. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.