Display Software | News
Mersive Updates Solstice 1.2 Software
Mersive has announced enhancements to its Solstice product, display software that enables multiple users to connect simultaneously to a shared display using a range of devices and applications over an existing WiFi or Ethernet network.
New features of Solstice 1.2 include:
- Multi-NIC host PC support: By adding a second card to the HostPC, Solstice will now broadcast the display name to clients on more than one network.
- New frame capture card support: Solstice now supports an additional frame capture card, the Vprime VCC-200DE-HDMI, which provides dual video input with synchronized audio on each channel.
- Upgraded look for on-screen pointers: When sharing an application window or a full desktop, the shared display denotes the position of the client mouse cursor. The cursor artwork for this has been changed to an easier-to-see image. On-screen cursors are color coded per client.
- Improved Solstice Directory Service: SDS is now compatible with additional DNS entries.
- Reduced system resource usage: Mersive reduced system resource usage when the display is not currently showing content and corrected a bug that sometimes caused typing a display's IP address to fail when the DNS server was not present/reachable.
- Updated mobile apps.
Additional details can be found on the Mersive site.
About the author: Rhea Kelly is executive editor for Campus Technology. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.