Digital Signage | News
NEC Intros New Video Wall Displays
Commercial LCD display and projector company NEC Display Solutions of America has announced its fourth generation of video wall products. Like their predecessors, the 55-inch X554UNS, 55-inch X554UN and 46-inch X464UN are direct LED-backlight LCD displays, boasting improved brightness uniformity, reduced power consumption and mercury-free components.
The UN displays have a bezel gap as low as 5.5mm, while the UNS model shortens that distance to just 3.5mm. With DisplayPort 1.2 multistreaming, the displays are capable of delivering ultra-high-definition resolution across the entire canvas of displays comprising a video wall. A new Auto TileMatrix feature cuts down installation time by allowing a user to set up the size of the video wall on the first display and automatically scale the content through the remaining displays.
The displays also support Intel's Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), an industry-wide standardization in option slots designed for easier installation, use and maintenance of digital signage. All three models also include an accessory slot as well.
Other specs include:
- Advanced thermal protection and sealed panel design;
- 3840 x 2160 ultra-HD resolutions through DisplayPort 1.2 daisy chain;
- Brightness of 700 cd/m² and 3500:1 contrast ratio;
- Network control and communication through RS232C or LAN;
- Auto ID/Auto TileMatrix technology for video walls up to 100 displays;
- Faster operational speeds than predecessors;
- Carbon footprint meter, which calculates and tracks carbon savings; and
- Energy Star 6.0 rating, which meets energy-efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.
For more information, visit the NEC Display site.
About the author: Rhea Kelly is executive editor for Campus Technology. She can be reached at email@example.com.