AV & Presentation | News
Epson To Ship 10,000-Lumen LCD Projectors
Epson has introduced five new models in its PowerLite Pro Z line of LCD-based installation projectors, including two with brightness ratings of 10,000 lumens.
Included in the new lineup are the 7,000-lumen PowerLite Pro Z8450WUNL and Z8455WUNL, which offer a native resolution of 1,920 x 1,200 (WUXGA). The two are identical except for their exterior color (white and black, respectively). At 8,500 lumens, the Z8350WNL (white) offers a native resolution of 1,200 x 800 (WXGA). And the 10,000-lumen Z8250NL (white) and Z8255NL (black) offer a native resolution of 1,024 x 768 (XGA). The contrast ratio on all of the new models is 5,000:1.
Other features of the new projectors include:
- Network connectivity for presentation, monitoring, and management, with optional wireless connectivity;
- Split screen for projection from multiple devices;
- Edge blending support for combining multiple projectors to create a single continuous image;
- Message broadcasting;
- ±70 percent vertical lens shift and ±20 percent horizontal lens shift for the Z8450WUNL, Z8455WUNL, and Z8350WNL and ±56 percent vertical and ±6 percent horizontal lens shift on the Z8250NL and Z8255NL;
- DICOM simulation mode;
- Liquid cooling;
- Projected image size of 60 inches to 500 inches (diagonal);
- Advanced image correction tools, including Arc for correcting barreling and arching on individual sides of an image;
- Six integrated test patterns;
- 3,500-hour lamp life (in economy mode); and
- Schedule and memory functions.
AV inputs include dual HDMI, 5BNC, RGB (mini D-sub 15-pin), S-video, and composite video. The Z8450WUNL and Z8455WUNL also offer HD-SDI inputs. A single monitor-out port is also provided (mini D-sub 15-pin). Networking and control ports include LAN (RJ-45), optional 802.11b/g/n wireless, RS-232, USB Type A, and USB Type B.
Six optional lenses will be offered for the new models.
The 7,000-lumen PowerLite Pro Z8450WUINL and Z8455WUNL are expected to ship in February; the 8,500-lumen Z8350WNL will be available in May; and the 10,000-lumen Z8250NL and Z8255NL will ship in April. Additional details can be found on Epson's projector portal.
Executive Producer David Nagel heads up the editorial department for 1105 Media's education publications — which include two daily sites, a variety of newsletters and two monthly digital magazines covering technology in both K-12 and higher education.
A 21-year publishing veteran, Nagel has led or contributed to dozens of technology, art and business publications.
He can be reached at email@example.com. You can also connect with him on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/profile/view?id=10390192 or follow him on Twitter at @THEJournalDave (K-12) or @CampusTechDave (higher education). A selection of David Nagel's articles can be found on this site.