Mobile Learning | News
WizIQ Launches Android App for Students
Virtual classroom provider WizIQ has released a new Android app for students, which includes a subset of features available in desktop application.
The WizIQ Android app is optimized for 7- and 10-inch Android tablet devices but also works on Android smart phones, according to information released by the company. Once the app is installed, students enter the class link sent by their teacher or log in to their WizIQ account and join the class.
Key features of the WizIQ Android app include:
- Ability to join and attend live classes;
- Live audio and video communications with teachers and other students;
- Access to files shared by the teacher, including presentations, reports, documents, PDFs, Excel spreadsheets, and multimedia files;
- Ability to see the whiteboard and write and draw on it when the teacher allows it;
- Public text chat with all participants;
- Ability for students to virtually raise their hands in the class when they have questions;
- Participation in polls shared by the teacher.
While this initial version of the WizIQ Android app is geared toward students, the company has announced plans in the Google Play store for future features that are geared toward teachers, including the ability to schedule classes, invite students to classes, upload and share multimedia content with students, and provide recorded classes for students to download and watch.
The WizIQ Android app is free for WizIQ users available through Google Play. WizIQ also offers an iPad app, which is available through the iTunes Store.
Further information is available on the WizIQ site.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at email@example.com.