Mobile Computing | News
ForeScout Integrates NAC with Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition for Enterprise BYOD Security
ForeScout Technologies will integrate its ForeScout CounterACT network access control (NAC) solution with Citrix XenMobile MDM (mobile device management) Edition. According to ForeScout, the integration is intended to help organizations improve bring-your-own-device (BYOD) and mobile security by providing end-to-end mobility management and security across devices, users, applications, data, and network attributes.
"By collaborating with Citrix, our customers can take advantage of IT consumerization with an approach that delivers the right level of security and manageability," said Ed Buffone, senior director of worldwide business development at ForeScout, in a prepared statement. The integration between ForeScout CounterACT's NAC with CitrixXenMobile's MDM solution is bi-directional, which makes it easier for organizations to enroll, monitor, and manage new devices in the MDM system, according to the company.
Key features of ForeScout CounterACT integration with Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition include:
- Security automation to dynamically detect in real time unmanaged devices attempting to connect to the network;
- Automated installation of Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition agent on unmanaged devices through an automated self-enrollment process;
- Detection of jail-broken and rooted devices with the means to negate or limit access until remediated;
- Over-the-air device configuration and corporate app catalog management to instantly provision access to corporate email, Wi-Fi, VPN, and applications;
- Enforcement of passcode policies and strong encryption keys to protect sensitive data on mobile devices;
- Mobile application blacklisting, minimum OS level verification, and device feature restrictions;
- Ability to remotely locate, lock, and fully or selectively wipe lost or stolen devices;
- Compliance rules engine, enforced upon admission to the network and continuously while connected, tested at the device and network level, with automated remediation; and
- Unified visibility, control, and compliance reporting for all mobile endpoint devices, including PCs, smartphones, tablets, and laptops through the ForeScout CounterACT platform.
ForeScout provides the integration through ForeScout Mobile, an add-on module for ForeScout CounterACT. Pricing for the ForeScout Mobile Integration Module starts at $18 per device for 1,000 devices or more. The integration with Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition will be available in March.
Further information about the integration between ForeScout CounterACT and Citrix XenMobile MDM Edition can be found at forescout.com.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at email@example.com.