eLearning & LMS | Short Takes
Brief: Pearson Releases CourseConnect 2.0
Pearson has launched CourseConnect 2.0, the newest version of the company's suite of online courses for higher education.
CourseConnect is Pearson's library of comprehensive online courses built around Pearson textbooks. Courses include syllabi, assignments, assessment questions, media, interactive activities, and modifiable content. They are customizable by content, scope, sequence, and individual element and can be used in any learning management system. Each course also includes an Instructor Resource Guide with segments on how to teach online and tips for engaging online students, facilitator tips, and discussion topics.
Features new to this version include:
- Redesigned lesson presentations with content-specific images;
- Revised assessment content, supplemental assignments, discussion questions, and more quiz items per lesson;
- Interactive, topic-based presentations;
- Enhanced note-taking tools that can connect students' notes to a specific screen; and
- An indexed library of videos, simulations, and media assets used throughout the course.
CourseConnect 2.0 also includes an expanded library with courses in subjects including business, criminal justice, computer science, and general education.
More information and a video demonstration can be found here.
Joshua Bolkan is the multimedia editor for Campus Technology and THE Journal. He can be reached at email@example.com.